October 3

Thesis Paragraph English 269 for Wednesday, October 5

Decide what topic you wish to write about.  Remember in class we brainstormed and came up with examples:  1) women 2) class 3) ethnicity 4) education.

Write a thesis paragraph that begins with your statement with topic + your opinion.  Then include your evidence from the book.  It can be a quote or an event.

Example:   In House on Mango Street, author Sandra Cisneros questions the role of women in Latino culture.  In “My Name”, the narrator, Esperanza, imagines a new name for herself.  She says she was named for her aunt who was born in the “Chinese year of the Horse”.  She says her aunt was bad luck because that’s what the Chinese believed about women born in that year.  Then, Esperanza says the Chinese, like the Mexicans, don’t like “their women strong.”  She calls that a “Chinese lie” to show how much she disagrees with the way she believes Chinese and Mexican culture prefer women to act weak.

Posted October 3, 2016 by tashak38 in category Uncategorized

About the Author

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area--Big Up to the East Bay

3 thoughts on “Thesis Paragraph English 269 for Wednesday, October 5

1. Desirae Velasquez

In House on Mango Street, author Sandra Cisneros point out that there is “Boy Crazy” throughout this entire journey us the reader getting to know the family on Mango Street. In the chapter “The Monkey Garden” Esperanza tells us how Sally becomes more interested in talking with the boys then playing with the game with the other girls. Esperanza see’s why she get in trouble by her father cause of what she does her action speak louder than words. Sallys father does not want her to run off with a boy an get pregnant like her other sisters did an he doesn’t not want her to mess up the family name since the other sisters have already done their part in doing that already. Esperanza understands that liking a boy or getting involved with one can get her in trouble. Esperanza goes through a terrifying experience.

Reply
  2. khalda abdelrahman

In House of Mango Street, Sandra Cisnrtos says that boys and girls are living in separate worlds in Spain.”The boys and the girls live in separate worlds. The boys in their universe and we in ours”. I think that they made life so difficult by doing that. Because when u can not talk to somebody that u meet everyday is so difficult to arange, and that would make u think about it all the time. Sandra says she could not have a friendship with boys or even a boyfriend, and that her sister is the only person she have and she was too young to be her friend.”Nenny is too young to be my friend”. Sandra was so scared of people to be having a relationship with them, because it is so hard to be a driendwith people who do not understand u unless you explain every on and out going thing in your relationship “Someday i will have a best friend all my own. One I can tell my secrets to. One who will understand my jokes without my having to explain them. Untill then I am a red balloon, a balloon tied to an anchor.

Reply